Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time For the Facts

There has been a lot of spin and outright deception from both sides in the health care debate, but We The People deserve facts! Not lies and distortions from "elected representatives" who use their Town Halls as excuses to avoid the questions of a public that is -- quite reasonably -- afraid of losing its freedom. Many of these representatives haven't even read the bill, which is over 1,000 pages long! At these Town Halls, you can actually see them just making stuff up, at least until The People put them in their place.

As a Citizen Journalist, this bothered me no end. Our national health care is far too important to leave in the hands of a power-mad elite. People need to know what's really happening in Washington, before what happens there affects them and their loved ones back in Actual America. So I'm working my way through the Obamacare Bill and even though I'm just getting started, I already can't believe what I've found. This is just the beginning.

This is bigger than me, though. If I'm silenced, then so be it, but whatever happens I hope you'll keep asking questions, Americans! Chant things! Cry tears at unexpected moments! Or mumble darkly, brandish a firearm, glower suspiciously -- whatever you can do helps. We can't let this just happen without letting The Powerful know that we're here, watching.

1 comment:

  1. The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants!!! I made that up myself, kind of proud of it.

    ReplyDelete